HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY TODDLER IS READY TO START POTTY TRAINING?
Pediatrics recommends that you start potty training between 22 and 30 months of age, and that you start intensive training after 27 months, as this can help your child to achieve daytime dryness sooner.
* There are many ways to potty train your child. Find one that feels right to you and try to stick to it in order to avoid confusion.
* Only you can know what’s best for your child. Listen to your instinct and if you feel that your child is just not ready, relax and leave it for a while.
* Allow him to watch you when you’re on the toilet.
* Let your child get used to the potty-allow him first to sit on it fully clothed.
* When your child shows an interest in going on the potty, take him to it several times a day.
* When he appears ready, remove his underwear and the bottom half of his clothing and place the potty nearby.
* If he resists or has an accident, put his nappy back on without making a fuss.
* Once he has achieved bowel and bladder control, use proper underwear.
Credit to “Your Baby ” 01/2009